The Art Studio is very excited to announce the launch of its family photographic portraiture studio. Combining her artistic skills with her photographic training and experience, Louise Cherry, director of The Art Studio, will open her family portrait studio in January 2016.
Louise is an award winning photographer and has exhibited nationally and internationally. She received a first class honour degree in photography and lectured for 10 years in photography at degree level. Louise established The Art Studio in 2011.
Based in Wicklow Town, The Art Studio’s Portrait Studio, offers studio-based portraits or portraits in landscape locations. Portraits can be produced in colour or black and white, depending on your individual preference. Each studio session includes a post shoot consultation to discuss how best to display your favourite images.
Please contact Louise directly at The Art Studio, 086 804 4747, to discuss your family photo shoot.
POP UP SHOP
We have two forthcoming “photography pop up shop” dates, October 15th and November 26th 2016. The November shop will be the last “pop up” before christmas, so book your studio time with Louise as soon as possible as places are filling fast.
Pop up shop
- Starting price for a studio based family portrait, based on a group of 4 is €60. Each extra person after that is an additional €15 per person
- Booking for a studio slot in the pop up shop is essential, call Louise on 086 804 4747 to book your place
- Payment for the studio slot in the pop up shop must be made at time of booking in order to secure your place
- The €60 fee includes a 45 minute shoot and a follow up 30 minute meeting to view and choose prints from the edited images. This is amazing value. This price does not include prints or framing
- All prints and frames can be ordered from the art studio and prices will be discussed on an individual basis
- Please arrive for you allocated time slot on time and ready for the shoot.
- Be dressed and all hair and make up done before you arrive for the shoot.
- Up to a 4 week period must be allocated from when the prints in frames are ordered. Prints only can be organised within one week. Please consider these time frames when ordering gifts, especially for christmas.
- Gift vouchers are available
- Ring now to book you place in the Art studio’s Photography Pop up Shop, call Louise on 086 804 4747 or email Louise at email@example.com
- There is no refund if you do not turn up for your appointment.
Tips for your family shoot
Please consider your children in terms of their nap and eating times when booking your allocated time. Children need to be on good form to have their photo taken. There is no point in arriving for the shoot with a tired and hungry child. Louise is a great photographer and has an amazing gift for working with children, however she can’t perform magic! the children need to be on form so they will cooperate with us.
Louise is more than happy to advise on what you should wear for your shoot, so please discuss this with her at the time of booking.
Louise’s favourite tips are:
- Clothes for a shoot should thought about and planned in advance.
- Family outfits should be matched to complement each other, but not identical.
- Choose a colour that can suit all involved in the shoot and then arrange clothes that have that colour in it, mixed with a neutral colour such as white. For example, choose a blue. Mum could be in a white shirt with a blue pattern, or plain white, Dad could be in a blue shirt, child 1 could wear a top with blue and white stripe and child 2, could wear a dress or top of the blue. Obviously blue is not the only option !
- It is ok, to have one or two patterns as long as the outfits are planned as suggested above. Too much pattern is not recommended.
- Do not have logo or text on clothes, it is very distracting in the final image.
- Make sure toe nails are cut and clean ! Bear feet often works well, especially for children as they feel very relaxed barefoot.
- Wear something familiar, Louise never recommends rushing out to buy a new outfit, as you will feel more comfortable in something familiar, that you have worn before and has been softened by washing, again especially important for the children.
- The main aim is to be as relaxed as possible during the shoot.